Interested in advertising? Check out our Current rate card.
Dietitians in Corrections
Can We Help You?
As always, we welcome your questions and input on topics that are of interest to you as ACFSA members. If you would like to submit articles, questions or any other communication, please contact Barbara Wakeen at (330) 499-1715, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to stay on top of recent developments by visiting Dietetics in Health Care Communities (DHCC) Corrections Sub-unit Website at www.dhccdpg.org.
- Fall 2015: Networking Luncheon Highlights
- Summer 2015: New Legal and Environmental Impacts on Our Operations
- Spring 2015: 2015 Dietary Guidelines - Advisory Committee Findings and Impact in Corrections
- Winter 2015: Medical Diets - Standardized, New and Obsolete Terminologies
- Fall 2014: Dietician's Corner
- Summer 2014: Hot Topics, Legislation and Standards Updates
- Winter 2014: The Non-Traditional Dietitian’s Role
- Fall 2013: Dietitian's Corner: DIC Networking Luncheon
- Summer 2013: Resources dor Sucess, Networking and Compliance
- Spring 2013: Fortified Beverages - Are Alternates Becoming the Norm?
- Winter 2013: Menu Trends in Corrections
- Fall 2012: Dietitian's Corner
- Summer 2012: Bridging the Gap - Aging Inmates, News and Events
- Spring 2012: New Names and New Regulations for Historical Organizations
- Winter 2011: Conference Luncheon Wrap-up
- Fall 2011: Changes in Standards and Guidelines... and The Impact on Correctional Menus and Diets
- Summer 2011: Diet and Violence
- Spring 2011: Nutrition Standards: News, Views and Updates
- Winter 2010: Dietitian Corrections Network Highlights
- Fall 2010: MRSA Food Service Safety and Hygiene Practices
- Summer 2010: DRIs and other Hot Topics
- Spring 2010: Survivng Cuts
- Winter 2009: Hard Times Fitness
- Fall 2009: Juvenile Voice
- Summer 2009: Hot Topics on the Corrections Listserv
- Spring 2009: DRI Update
- Fall 2008: DRIs, RDAs, EARs, and AIs: What is a Dietitian to Use?
- Summer 2008: Nutritional Concerns: Related to Chemical Dependency and Drug Addiction
- Spring 2008: Halal and Kosher: Common Practices Shared
- Winter 2008: HOT TOPICS in The Dietitian's Corner
- Winter 2007: Became Winter 2008
- Fall 2007: Growing Nutrition from the Ground Up
- Summer 2007: The Roatan Jail: BYOF
- Spring 2007: Meeting Needs Through Communication and Training
- Winter 2006: Highlights of the 2006 ACFSA RD Networking Lunch
- Fall 2006: Gelatin... The Kosher Controversy
- Summer 2006: Religious Diets - Is Hadal Kosher?
- Spring 2006: Diet Therapies, Rationales and Recognized Standards
- Winter 2005: Nutrition Related Highlights of the ACFSA Conference in Savannah
- Fall 2005: Building Global Relationships - Corrections "Down Under"
- Summer 2005: Meeting Dietary Goals based upon the 2005 Dietary Guidelines
- Spring 2005: Communications is the Basis for Successful Operations
- Winter 2004: Keeping You in the Loop and Sharing Around the World
- Fall 2004: Corrections Dietitians Recognized
- Summer 2004: Nutritional Analysis and Meeting the DRI's
- Spring 2004: Does nutrition take precedence over the Fast?
- Winter 2003: Serving Brunch - Cost Savings and Maintaining Compliance Is This Possible?
- Fall 2003: New Diabetic Exchanges - The Impact on Corrections
- Summer 2003: Rastafarian Diets and "The Loaf" Part II
- Spring 2003: The "LOAF" with a Bit of History
- Winter 2002: Correctional Foodservice Throughout Life's Stages
- Fall 2002:
- Summer 2002: Inquiring Minds and Making a Difference
- Spring 2002: Dietitians Corner