|District Manager - Wisconsin & Illinois |
|Company||A'viands, LLC||Date Posted||03/06/2014|
|Contact Info||Scott Stitsworth|
|Description||A'viands, a progressive Minnesota-based food and services management company, is seeking a hands-on and innovative District Manager to oversee 10-25 accounts within the Corrections segment within Illinois and Wisconsin. Qualified applicants must be willing to reside in the state of Illinois or Wisconsin.|
A'viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living communities, nursing homes, hospitals, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities across the country. We offer competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and a generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
|Responsibilities||Responsibilities for this position include:|
- Cultivate and maintain business partnerships with clients by developing a broad knowledge and understanding of clients' and their customers' needs and expectations, including:
- Plan and develop each unit's operational budgets and demonstrate an understanding of A'viands' financial objectives for each unit.
- Provides assistance to the New Business Development Manager, as needed, with new business bids, rebids for current clients/customers, and the development of new programs.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of operational, accounting and human resources policies and procedures (i.e. new hire process, payroll, etc.).
- Hold Food Service Directors and employees accountable for behavior and performance, following Corrective Action guidelines when necessary.
- Conduct training and development needs assessment of Food Service Directors and arrange necessary training, including the areas of food and cost productions, customer services, team building, time management, human resources skills, etc.
- Meet with Food Service Directors on an individual basis to assess goals and areas of opportunity.
- Support Food Service Directors in conducting training and development needs assessment of employees and assist in arranging appropriate training sessions/tools.
- Multisite management experience within a correctional facility and a minimum of 2 years' of college coursework is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide teams.
- Strong initiative.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to travel frequently.
|Resident District Manager|
|Company||SD - Human Services Center||Date Posted||02/12/2014|
|Contact Info||Scott Stitsworth|
|Description||A'viands Food & Services Management Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Resident District Manager for a large healthcare correctional facility located in Yankton, South Dakota. |
A'viands is based in Roseville, Minnesota and provides services to senior living facilities, nursing homes, correctional facilities, colleges and universities, school districts and business dining facilities in the Midwest and Southwest. We offer a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and generous 401K. If you have the passion to grow with a dynamic organization, we encourage you to apply now!
- Supervises food storage, production and service programs.
- Experience and knowledge with the Department of Corrections and Healthcare regulatory compliance and policies.
- Supervision and training of trustee labor workforce
- Maintains inventory system for food and supplies
- Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition and economic handling of food as well as efficient usage of time.
- Checks food for flavor, temperature, and appearance on a regular basis.
- Makes frequent inspections of all work, storage, and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing Foodservice activities are followed including compliance with safety and sanitation.
- Plans and/or conducts and retains records of monthly staff meetings, employee training and/or in services.
- Assisting with menu development and SureQuest management of therapeutic diets including, sodium controlled diabetic diets, low fat/low cholesterol etc.
- Assist in quality assurance projects
- Completion of other task assigned by the District Manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Providing training for diet clerks on nutritional data software program.
- Work with Field Support Dietitian on menus and therapeutic diets.
- Certification of Dietary Managers course, as well as knowledge/experience with the Department of Corrections.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Healthcare/Correctional food service management.
- Certified Dietary Manager/Department of Corrections knowledge or experience
- Ability to travel
- Multi- unit supervisory and support to other satellite locations and Foodservice Directors
- Must have cooking knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach others is required.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals and groups with widely varying backgrounds, perspectives, education, and skills is required.
- Excellent work record, superior communication, cooperation, and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising large staff required.